Sunday, August 09, 2009

Soap Henge, Buffalo Bugers And A Great Day Out...

Who would have thought that when I casually mentioned lastnight that I'd like to go to the farmer's market that we would have ended up seeing Soap Henge? Erynne, this pic is for you my dear. When The Bear saw it he immediately said "You have to send that to E. and tell her it's from me! She'll know why ;)
How can you not want to pull out your camera and a recipe?

Eggplant always makes me smile and think of my grandmother. Oh how she loves these purple beauties.

Maybe it's just me but this made me laugh. Did the farmer get a release to use their image? Man do I miss my chicken Penny. She loved to spend her days riding on the back of our horse Frosty. They were such a cute couple. Oh the good ol days.

Is it Christmas morning or is it just the excitement of being out and exciting the senses?

You can't take The Bear to a market without him grabbing a bag of maters! He won't eat one from the grocery store. "When you're raised on your own home grown maters, store bought one just taste like wax". I secong that! Actually if you know The Bear at all, you'll know he didn't use the word "wax" I decided that for a more family friendly blog I'd take the liberty of inserting a different word!

You better believe that next week we will be prepared with a cooler in the car to grab some of this meat. Oh man am I craving a Buffallo Burger and perhaps sausages?
Funny story for you all. When I was little my parents and some friends of ours went to the local Buffallo farm and got some burgers. Well they grilled them up and I was soooo excited to try something that seemed so exotic. But as I bit into it I was really disappointed "THIS TASTE JUST LIKE A REGULAR BURGER"! What a let down. Well years later I came to find out that they pulled the switch on me. That's right MY PARENTS HAD LIED TO ME! Geesh. They didn't think that I would like it so they fed me a regular burger and just TOLD me it was Buffallo meat. Makes you wonder what else they switched on me hmmm? Yeah, I'll find out sooner or later, you can't fool me forever MOM! ;)






2 comments:

Shannon MacGrogan-Ellis said...

Oh, I think I need to see a photo of Penny and Frosty together! When we lived in Newmarket I used to see one of the jockeys walking his horse and a jack russell terrier standing on the horses back! First time I saw them they went past the end of our street and I wasn't sure if they were real or if I hadn't quite woke up yet. :)

Unknown said...

Well if Stonhenge is in Ireland than Soaphenge has to be in the US!