Thursday, August 27, 2009

Moleskine Trip Day3...

Sunday was our day for exploring the town of Kensington where there are over 80 antique shops all in within strolling distance of each other. We were very excited to see what treasures we'd uncover. We arrived at 11am only to discover that NONE of the shops opened till Noon. Well we are a group that is not deterred in the least by a little thing like an hour wait. That just means more time to sit, grab an iced tea, contemplate, sketch, take photos and plan our attack on the as yet unsuspecting shops!
Time enough to notice nice patterns in the shadows.

Think this group would have gotten their fill of books the day before at The Book Thing? Oh, think again my dear readers, think again!

How cute are some of these shops? Just adorable I tell you. Good enough to sit for a moment and sketch.

I fell head over heals in love with these tiles. If only I had an actual house instead of an apartment where I could display some of these next to my house number on the wrap around porch of my oh so cute little home. Can you tell I'm sooo ready for house hunting?

After an afternoon of treasure hunting I drove the group to Silver Spring where our company's office is located and showed them around a bit. Apparently the town was preparing for some kind of summer concert. They closed the street, a stage was being put up and there was just a general feeling of celebrating the end of summer. Children playing in the water, people laughing and having a wonderful time.

Sadly the next morning the Moleskiners had to pack up and head back home to Ohio. I couldn't resist snapping this shot of Barb as she photographed her coffee at Le Madelaine. Look familiar to anyone? I seem to be collecting photos like this as well!
I had a wonderfully fabulous time with these wonderful people despite throwing my back out during their visit. I wasn't going to let a little thing like stabbing back pain ruin a great creative trip like this one!
Thank you Moleskiners for coming all this way to hang with me. I really needed this visit. You guys are one in a million.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Moleskine Grand Days Out are always full of fun, adventure, and sketching the world as we see it! Paying attention to all the details that make up a beautiful life!