Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pink Coffee Beans and a Late Night Draw Break...

If you missed my earlier post about what a Draw Break is then you might want to go check it out here.

This is the essence of a Draw Break. Sabrina of Pink Coffee Beans fame tasked me this evening with a "Draw Break". And so without further ado, here it is. Sitting on the couch when I recieved my Draw Break I looked around and discovered that Beanie had left her favorite stuffed animal within my arms reach, so I grabbed it, set it on the arm of the couch and away we go.
Here is the almost finished sketch. I started it in pencil but finished it off in ink. If you click on the picture you'll be able to read my notes and discover the history behind this much loved stuffed puppy.

And here is the owner in action. She sucks on it and kneads it with her paws like a little baby. God help us the day this precious stuffed "security blankey" goes missing. We do have a backup but it would never be the same.
When was the last time you took a Draw Break?


5 comments:

Nathan Mollet said...

I think you may want to rub the original one on the replacement for a lil bit to get some of the sents and maybe that will ease the transition for Beanie, when that dark day comes. You also had an earlier post about oysters, and it gave me a small craving! And for my bit of humor in this post... i received the draw break while on my laptop... in the bathroom... unfortunately i couldn't find anything appropriate to draw!

Pink Coffee Beans said...

I'm so excited that you posted pictures and wrote a whole blog post about your drawing! I love it and that picture of Beanie with her beloved is so freaking cute.

Pam Aries said...

Ohhh..that is soo sweet! Your drawing is perfectly wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Can I command a draw break via posting a comment? I'm going to give it a try!

Get to it my Bean!

RACHELbean said...

Thank you Anonymous for visiting my blog and leaving a comment but in order for you to task someone with a Draw Break you have to let them know who you are! Reveal your secret identity and I'll see what I can do! :)