Saturday, August 08, 2009

Comfort Food Doesn't Have To Be American...

For those of you who spend any time at all chatting with me or the Bear know our LOVE of Pho. Vietnamese Noodle Soup, pronounced F'Uh. Since we talk about our favorite food that we eat it seems almost once a week I thought that I'd better give you a look at it. If you ever come to town and see us you'll be asked if you'd like to try it with us, so be prepared! The meal starts off with THE WORLD'S BEST Crispy Spring Rolls! They are a MUST. They are handmade fresh and I dare you to find better anywhere.
And here it is. A steaming hot bowl of Pho. It's the food of the Gods as far as we are concerned. The broth is so teaming with flavor you feel your life force being recharged as you sip it. Next to my bowl is a plate with slices of lime for squeezing into the soup, bean sprouts which the Bear loves to add to his bowl and the VERY important Thai Sweet Basil. It's not the same a our basil, trust me. You pick off the leaves and add them to the broth.

You can almost smell the goodness can't you? The noodles are on the bottom. My favorite Pho consists of Raw Beef, Meatballs, Tripe and Tendon. The Beef is sliced so thin that the super hot broth cooks it before you can even dive in. We have our favorite place down the street that makes the best Pho in town. They do such a good job that we never even think of going anywhere else.
I hope this inspires you to try something new. It doesn't have to be Pho with tripe and tendon but SOMETHING new! You may be suprised. I never thought that a food from another culture could become my comfort food. I crave it, I need it and best of all, it makes me HAPPY!

No comments: