Monday, December 20, 2010

My TastyKake for a Castle...

Tis a wondrous thing to share gifts. And even more so when it's with someone special.
As most of you already know, my best and closest friend E lives in Ireland. I occasionally send her packages with sweets, treats, etc. from "home". Anyone who has lived far away from the comforts of what you know, knows how important it is to receive that little something that says "no matter where you are, you are home".
A little while ago I sent my beloved E some TastyKakes. Well when her dad heard that she and her hubby were indulging in some TastyKakeness he was a bit jealous, having moved away from the distribution area. Well a few clicks of the keys and I knew what had to be done...
Send Daddy Mac some TastyKakes!!!
I would package up and send a little taste of memories to him and he in turn would send me a Hand Carved Fairy Castle! How exciting is that?
SHE ARRIVED TODAY!
Safe and sound.
The Bear and I both are so in love with her! Daddy Mac you did an out of this world job. She's simply gorgeous.
View from the back.
I mean the DETAIL!
The natural bark from the Cottonwood complete with tiny bits of moss still on it. I was told how difficult Cottonwood is to carve and how fragile she is. (That's why she's on a cloud of FiberFill. I'm taking no chances here)
Much to my GREAT surprise in the package was a bonus hand carved Ornament!
A picture with a ruler for scale.

There simply is nothing better than sharing with good people. Whether it be sharing a meal, a moment, a phone call, a letter/note, an email or a handmade gift.

Daddy Mac, thank you. Thank you for sharing such a precious item with me. I greatly appreciate it. You are a remarkable craftsman.
E, thank you for sharing your father with me. With out you this exchange would never have happened.

There simply is no substitute for good friends. They are what make the world go round when you think there simply is no way to keep it spinning.

Simply...
THANK YOU!
This is one happy gal!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful! I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

That's SO awesome!

I love Cotton Wood, when it bloom/flowers whatever it's like snow drifts without the cold.

I had love from a friends dad too this year. He sent me a conjoined twin gingerbread cutter because he thought I deserved it after a hard year. How awesome is that??!