Saturday, December 04, 2010

Home Tour, Part 2...

I hope you enjoyed Part 1 of our tour. In this episode we will explore the upper levels.
This time we will take the stairs up.
The view from the top of the stairs. I've started to decorate for the Holidays! Yay!!!
Welcome to my studio/office. I still need to organize, shelve books, get an office desk etc. but that will take some time. Please excuse our mess, pardon our dust, we are under construction. ;)
I have room to sit and read, to do the daily work to keep our company running as well as dance! Yep, that's what the Bear says, Shall we dance?
The tree is waiting for decorations. Where the tree is right now will be my painting area. Plenty of light for many paintings to come!
I even have room for sewing once the holidays are over. I've never had so much room to create! Look out 2011 cause here I come!!
Need to use the Loo? Well you go right on ahead cause we have 4!
From my studio you head right on into the kitchen.
Plenty of room to sit, chat and cook up a storm! I am LOVING this kitchen.
The first place where we've ever had room for a dining table. It's a dream to be able to cook and serve a meal and sit down to eat it at a table like adults and not in front of the television on a TV tray. How grown up is that?
The stairs lead up to the 3rd floor, 3 bedrooms and 2 more Loo's.
From the kitchen you can saunter out to the deck. We may not have any deck furniture yet but we sure do have a view.
We are having so much fun watching the wildlife. So far we have seen, 2 blue Herons, a heard of deer, 3 different Hawks, MANY geese, a groudhog or for you Ohioans a whistle pig. I get up each morning, usually before sunrise, get my coffee and stare out over the wetlands and watch nature wake up. This is what I've been waiting for since living in Nevada.

Next up, a quick peak upstairs and Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whistle Pig?? And 4 bathrooms? 4? I'm bemoaning no longer having 2.

I don't think I'd have any idea what to do with 4 or them!

Erynne said...

Wow! So glad you posted these pics, I had no idea where your studio was. It almost feels strange going 'upstairs' and first thing is your studio! But once up there it feels like the ground level somehow...

RACHELbean said...

@Sarah, I love whistle pigs! :) and yes we went from sharing 1 bathroom forever to suddenly having 4. No matter where you are you can pee!

@E, at first when Brian told me to put my studio in the "family room" area I thought that would be weird but actually it really work well and not weird at all. Besides, the only people who ever visit know I'm an artist so it's normal for them to see what I'm working on. I guess I did a good job with the pics if you can get the feeling that we were on ground level, cause it does feel that way.