Saturday, December 04, 2010

Home Tour, Part 3...

Up to the 3rd and final floor. Thankfully these stairs are carpeted!
Take the stairs up and this is what you'll see.
There's a small linen closet there to the left, followed by a small bedroom on the left. Straight ahead is the guest bedroom that is already set up and the 3rd bathroom, well, that's obvious I would think.
A better view of the fabulous quilt made for the Bear years ago. Isn't it gorgeous?

Turn right and through the French Doors is our master bedroom. Way more room than should be given to one bedroom.
To the left would be a HUGE walk in closet and to the right is the Bear's big closet. And ya, those are French Doors into my bathroom.
Separate his and her sinks to the left, a soaking tub over looking the wetlands and a shower stall and thrown to the right. Room for days really. I've actually haven't used this tub yet but when I do, you won't hear about it ;)
Lots of you have been asking about my X-mas tree. Well here he is. And yes it's a he.
We had gone out with the intention to get a fake tree but ended up coming home with a real Frazier Fir. He's so naturally gorgeous I almost hate to put lights and ornaments on him.
All lit up! LED's and what few ornaments we have will have to do. We are used to a much smaller tree. I love his natural shape and character. He's actually inspired this year's X-mas Card.
Silent Night
I love my fresh garland wrapped in lights. I've never had a banister to decorate before.
Yes Kim, I still have this and I LOVE it!
Merry X-mas everyone and I hope you have enjoyed this glimpse into our new home. We miss everyone of you and wish you a very Merry X-mas.

6 comments:

Michelle K said...

Wow! The house is absolutely gorgeous. Everything looks perfect. Congratulations!!

Daithi O'Caiside said...

Wow, well wear! Everything looks great! Can't wait to visit some day! And yes, great tree! X

Erynne said...

I wish I had a plug near my banister so I could put lights on it, too. Hey, who you spying on with those binoculars??

RACHELbean said...

Wow E, you caught me. We use those binoculars for birding. That's how I watched the Hawk eating his breakfast the other morning. No one lives behind me so everyone is safe. Well everyone but nature that is.

Craig said...

Thanks for the tour. This new place is so different from your old place! You guys must be thrilled. I'm especially jealous of the deck, where you can watch wildlife. Can't wait to see it all in person.

Nathan Mollet said...

The living room changed to allow for physical activity, BOOO! And no fake tree, i pity the fool who helped move that bad boy in the house and also the one incharge of keeping all the needles off the floor. Encase you didnt hear the city christmas tree in Birmingham, AL caught fire while crack heads were trying to take the copper wire(lights and stuff) off the tree at like 4am. Other then the death of a tree it made me chuckle!