Saturday, January 31, 2009

Prattville Alabama Visit, Part 3...

Actually I must state right off that these pictures are from our visit to Mongomery Alabama, not Prattville, just an FYI.
Okay, with that out of the way here we go. Kim and her boys Nathan and Wes took The Bear and I on a tour around Montgomery. Here are two views of the capital building. Gee, if it weren't for the southern accents wandering around I'd almost feel like I never left home here in DC!
I'm a sucker for marble steps.

Okay, here's an interesting shot. Like how I lined up the bell, the bust, the statue and the Archives Building? I'm very sorry to report that I was lagging behind the group too busy taking pictures to even take notice or hear what this bell was or who the bust and statue are of. So if your that interested you're just gonna have to google it on your own! Or take a trip down there and look for yourself! I'm not a tour guide, just a photographer who plays one on this blog :)


As we were wandering around the street aimlessly we came upon the Alabama Cattlemen's Association. Now, The Bear became very excited as there was a sign for a museum there but his excitement quickly turned to disappointment as it was just a Children's Interactive Learning Center and NOT a Museum as it stated. Oh well, there's a child in us all, right?



Outside the Archives Building was a large bronze map of Alabama that had little pictures all over it of famouse people, places and events on it. I know what your thinking, "GET OFF THE MAP" right? Well dear reader I am here to report that you are indeed allowed to walk all over it. There is a sign that states this so don't go scolding the big kids just yet.




Yep, I stepped on the map myself to take this pic for ya'll!





Of course one of the first things The Bear noticed on this map was survey related. He actually got giddy, tapped my shoulder while pointing "Hey they're surveying the Ellicott Line"! He's so cute when it comes to surveying.
More pics to come in a bit so tune back in to the next episode of Prattville Alabama!






No comments: