Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Prattville Alabama Visit, Part 1...

The Bear and I returned on Saturday from a week long visit to Prattville Alabama. Why Prattville you say? Well that is where The Bear's sister Kim and her family live, Yeah :) !!! Our visit was wonderful, just the break that we needed. We escaped the DC area during the onslaught of people making the pilgrimage for the inauguration. Anyways, on to our trip, this is post part one... Welcome to Prattville! I just love a small town that flies flags down mainstreet, don't you? Prattville is known as the Fountain City because of it's numerous artesian springs.


Daniel Pratt meet my readers, readers, meet Daniel Pratt (founder of Prattville)!


Now Kim was sorry that the fountain was not on for our visit but I told her not to worry, I would insert water into the picture somehow. Well there was a drinking fountain that was running so I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get running water in this shot. What do you think? Pretty cool eh?



Here is a picture of the waterfall in front of the now closed cotton mill. I never pass up an opportuntiy to photograph things through iron fences!




We ate lunch at this lovely little bistro. The food was really good. I never thought of putting shaved coconut on a salad before but now I think I'm addicted! Yummers.


Way more photos to come! And of course Part 2 of our Bama visit.





No comments: