Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Saturday Night Supper Club...

Okay, due to the Holiday I have been slack in posting. I have kept these wonderful new friends of mine secret for too long now. Here below are S on the left and J on the right. These are my two fabulous new friends. We all met through a local book club that I have previously mentioned I joined. Through lots of emails and light luncheons we have all discovered that we LOVE food. Yep, so much so that we felt the need to gather and cook dinner. S very graciously offered up his home for us gals to take over and cook with him. Both J and I have apartments that have NO counter space for chopping more than one carrot at a time so we were grateful to have a lovely open kitchen to move about in.
We had SOO MUCH FUN! We sat around, drank hot yummy cinnamon water, while stealing bits of chicken while S wasn't looking! I think he cause us once or twice though. We aren't very good sneaks.
Here is our spread. Isn't it so yummy looking? We had the most scrumptious chicken veggie soup (friends make everything taste better), tomatoes with salt and olive oil, zuccini chips, toasted baguette with cheese and I made a from scratch apple pie for dessert. Yep, that's even pie crust from scratch!
We all had so much fun chatting the evening away that we are gathering again this Saturday to bake cookies, play with the icing and eat pizza. It's gonna be great! When was the last time you laughed with friends?



No comments: