Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And the BLUE RIBBON goes to (drum roll please)...

My mother, Linda J. Faulkner, the world's greatest arstist that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting as well as the great fortune to study under has completed the first in a series of family portraits! May I have the pleasure of introducing you to...



"American Condo"!

Now that the intoduction has been made please take a moment to soak it in folks...





Have you REALLY soaked it in or are you still reading? That's what I thought. I'll give you a moment!



Okay, now that you have truly soaked in every detail and nuance, here are the proud owners and models of said Wonder Portrait!


If you don't get it, then let me help give you a little nudge...


"American Gothic"


I think that this concept is just fabulous. I can't wait for the second in the series! Which one of us will it be and as which famous painting? Send in your votes folks!


Linda, please take a HUGE bow and accept this award! You deserve it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bean,

I'm probably the last person you would expect to here from. Your mom told me to check out your blog for the painting of Ma and Pa. I couldn't help but read the WHOLE THING. I hope we don't have to wait as long for the next family portrait as we did on this one. I can't vote. She already told me what it was. Keep up the blog. I'll check in now and then

Love ya,

Joules

HomeImprovementNinja said...

ha! love it! The guy in American Gothic was actually the artist's dentist. This painting, however, reminds me eerily of south florida.