Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Slimy Slugs and Slug Slime

The other night while letting The Wee go out for a potty break I discovered this little or not so little guy/gal. I had to go grab my camera to capture this amazing creature! Also I knew no one would belive it's size so I grabbed this match box to show you perspective! Neat huh? I'm sure that my flashlight and the flash from my camera must have totally confused him/her into thinking that the world was coming to and end. Imagine some giant thing standing over you and throwing your world into blinding light!
I followed it along it's slow but steady escape out into the yard. What an amazing creature. It still amazes us, all the creatures that we encounter here in the city from our little apartment porch.
What little creatures have you encountered in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

Daithi O'Caiside said...

Hey beanie

I won't tell you what our good lady does to these when they're attacking her strawberries?!




(not cruel, they find a new home in our neighbors! Pleasant flight)

Anonymous said...

Flight, or a lovely death by BEER! Ours are solid black with a cream belly and are just as huge (or bigger, we don't have matchboxes here). Bastards eat all my veg in the garden! But your guy is pretty :)