Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Better One...or Two? How about now?

Yesterday I had my first ever eye exam. I have never needed glasses and prided myself on being The Bear's long range eyes. For example when we are driving down the road he'll see a sign for something of interest and quickly turn to me and ask "What did that say?" Well most of the time I'll have caught a glimps of it and distractively (is that a word?) replay what the sign stated while looking out the opposite window at what ever else caught my eye at the time. Ok, I'm rambling here. Anyways, over the last year I had noticed that I was holding things a tich farther away to read them. Example: why in the world do they make the labels on pain reliever bottles so that only microscopic amoebae can read them? Well, to make an already long story slightly shorter, I got a very thorough eye exam including dilating my eyes so that I looked like a HUGE pot smoker. Making The Bear breakout into belly laughs whenever I looked over at him. Well after the exam I ended up with RX reading glasses. I hadn't really realized just how fuzzy the words had gotten over the years. WOW! It's like a miracle! I could read for over a hour today without a headache or neck strain! Aren't these the cutest glasses ever? One of my two favorite colors is Lime Green! Yay! The other color as you no doubt are asking, is Orange.
Now I can finish A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY with ease!
Here's a look at me The Bean with my new glasses. I think they look pretty snazy! What do you think? Is it just me or did my IQ just go up?

1 comment:

Shannon MacGrogan-Ellis said...

LOVE those glasses! They're perfect on you. Too funny, as Jason has been trying out new frames the last 2 days. Of course, I had to try a few, too! Great fun!

Love John Irving, too... :)