Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cherry Blossoms, Blue Bells and Easter Eggs, Oh My!



I haven't posted in some time but I have been taking pictures as the season gets underway. The leaves are out and everything is that fresh green that makes you hungry for a salad. The cherry blossoms came and made our world a wonderful pink color for about two full weeks before the storm came and blew them all away. The petals floated on the breeze and gathered along the streets and sidewalks in little pink petal drifts making you want to pick them up by the hand fulls and blow on them like fairy dust.

The bear and I took a stroll some time ago through the Bull Run park in Manassas on a trail called the bluebell trail and they were just starting to bloom. That's the bear in the background with his buffalo plaid jacket. What a beautiful day it was. The floor of the woods was carpeted in green with fresh little flowers everywhere.
I have talked about coloring eggs every year for as long as we have been married (8 years May 16th) but never got around to it. Finally this year I did it and the Bear was eager to help! We spent a lot of time figuring out how and what colors to use. The bear was so pleased with how they came iut that he insisted on me taking a picture before we ate them all! So here is your dose of color for the day, enjoy!

No comments: