Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Bear's Birthday Cabin Weekend!

The other weekend I rented a little cabin in the woods on the bank of the Shanandoah River for the weekend as a birthday present for the Bear. Since we work from home most days he never gets a chance to really relax and get away from work. We both love the quiet and simpler way of life so getting away for the weekend was wonderful. Our days were filled with fishing, canoeing, birdwatching and NO tv!!!

I woke up to a beautiful sunrise while the Bear slept in. I grabbed the fishing pole and tried my best to catch something before he woke up but I guess the fish were sleeping in as well.
Each evening we built a fire in the pit and I even roasted some marshmallows. It was lovely to listen to the crackel of the logs and the splashing of the jumping fish just a few feet away. I just know that there was a whopper living in there that we never did catch.
When we first arrived the Bear took my picture in my huge "Gone With the Wind" hat. I just love that hat. This is the same outfit I wore out on the canoe to go fishing. Just cause you're fishing doesn't mean you can't be fashionable!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw and I had no idea. What a lovely place and a great idea. Love the pic of you and of COURSE love the hat!