Friday, May 14, 2010

Woolly Bear Adventure, Part 2...

Second Woolly Bear photo shoot! I gathered up this little guy from my porch on April 21st and he's been doing very well. Eating tons and very active. If you missed the first post Woolly Bear Adventure, Part 1 then you should go and check it out. These pictures were taken 11 days after I first scooped him up. He spent his days sleeping either under a little self made leaf tent or under the top ridge of his Bug House.
Over the 11 days he started to get a little used to me. I could open his house and pet him without him getting scared and rolling into a protective ball. Aren't his little feeties so darn adorable?

One evening I reached in and he just crawled right on to my hand. It's the most amazing feeling when a wild creature from out in nature trusts you enough to go crawling around on your hand, knowing that you won't harm it.

How beautiful nature is. Thank you Mom. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have even taken a second glance at this little guy when he walked on by. I love you.
At this point I had no idea how long it would have with my little Woolly Bear before he started to turn. At this point he's still very active and shows no signs of slowing down.
Stay tuned and see what lies just around the corner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

COOOOOOL! He's a lot bigger than I thought, too! Love the little suction-cup feet, don't they just feel so strange when holding on to your fingers?

Pam Aries said...

OH MY ! THis is incredible , for sure! Thank you for sharing this !