Sunday, November 08, 2009

With Friends at the Old Mill...

Any of you ever see the movie State and Main? Well if you haven't you should, it's a good little flick. It's a good comedy where the characters are making a film about "The Old Mill". Anyways I digress.

This weekend out dear friends Leah and husband Tim came to hang with us and we went for a little trapes around Colvin Run Mill in Great Falls VA. Leah and I just love to go places and take pictures. We also like dragging out hubbies around with us!

View as we were approaching the mill.
I don't think that you could take a bad picture of this so cute place.

A view of the inside. The light was beautiful, don't you think? They actually run this mill on Sundays and sell the flour and meal in their general store. I bought some Yellow Corn Meal because The Bear promise to make me Corn Bread! Yummy.

Even though I'm sure the hubbies rolled their eyes when they heard where Leah and I wanted to go I think they had a great time wandering around looking at old equipment discovering things we girls were overlooking.

This was the most popular view. There were actually several artists that were set up painting the mill. If you look at the lower right hand corner you can see an artist's canvas on and easle.

I was sad that the wheel wasn't running but that wasn't going to stop me from snapping some pictures.

Old swirly windows always catch my eye.

Sometimes getting a good picture means sitting on a bridge!

I love reflections in water, don't you?

Leah said " Check out the size of this old stump". She got right in and the cameras started snappin away like she was a Celeb and we were the paparazzi. So much fun!

Tim shooting Leah! With love of course :)

Leah took this picture of us checking out the inside of the mill. You can only go inside if you buy a ticket for a tour and we decided not to since it wasn't running. I have to say that I truly love you, dear readers, because otherwise I wouldn't post a pic of my dairy aire! ;)

Another pic by Leah. I was looking at the Holly in order to take a pic of it for my blog banner come winter time.
There is nothing better than getting out with good friends, exploring a new place in the crisp Autumn air.
Thank you Leah and Tim for coming out to play with us. Next time we come to your neck of the woods. Perhaps explore a Vineyard?

3 comments:

Nathan Mollet said...

looks like a quite place! One of the few words that stuck with me from high school is amorphous solid(had to look up how to spell it), but thats why old windows have that swirly look, basically they are on the very edge of the solid to liquid line and actually move! I always thought that was neat. According to wikipedia cotton candy is another amorphous solid. Its also very fun to say! TRY IT!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rachel. We has fun. Even Tim. I think he enjoyed the Korea flash back too! -Leah

Pam Aries said...

It looks so beautiful THanks for the tip on the movie..I always like discovering new fun fliks!