Wednesday, February 15, 2006

San Fran for the weekend

When Brian decided to take a day off of work and go to San Fran for the weekend I got right on the computer to look up and find what I would like to see while there. I was so excited to learn that there were sea lions there at Pier 39 that you could go and see. That was number one on my list. I just knew that I could get good pictures of them and I was right. I took a ton of pictures and some are even becoming watercolor paintings already and we've only been home a couple days!
Another place that we wanted to go and see was the Aquarium. Just to be able to walk through the tanks and really feel as though you are under water was magical. I also got to pet a leaopard shark and other animals while there. How cool is that?
We took Beanie with us on our trip and when we got to Fort Point they said that they didn't allow dogs but if I kept her in the bag that she was being carried around in that she could go in. She was great and never tried to crawl out. Just being able to stand at the top of the fort and look out over the bay was incredible. We had forgotten what it felt like to be close to water. The Golden Gate was a wonderful sight to behold, especially when you are right next to it.
While walking around at night we were treated to a wonderful view of the city from Pier 39 and I just couldn't resist shooting a picture. All the lights and the clouds overhead really gave you a great atmosphere.
While over at Fort Point you can really get a good view of the city. There was so much to do and so many places to eat and drink that you would have to spend at least a month there to really get a chunk of it done. We did so many things just in the couple days that we were there. We really had a wonderful time. It was so nice just to get away for a bit. I have tons of pictures but can only show a couple here. Hope you enjoy them.

No comments: