Thursday, October 07, 2010

An Evening of Laughter and a Hippo...

Would you like to go see David Sedaris speak at the Lisner Auditorium? Um, duh!
The first book of David Sedaris' that I read, okay listened to was Me Talk Pretty One Day and that's all it took. I was hooked. He had me in stitches. I mean there is nothing funnier than listening to David reading his own book, with his lisp talking about his lisp. Really, you need to run not walk and go get you a copy of that audio book. There's just one rule you should follow when listening to a David Sedaris audio book, NEVER and I repeat NEVER listen to this outrageously funny man while lifting weights. You run the risk of bursting out laughing and dropping a weight on your foot. Sadly, I learned this the hard way. Ouch! So Craig, Tiffany and I rode the metro across the river to DC to seek out the Lisner Auditorium! There is nothing more entertaining than sitting and listening to Mr. Sedaris read excerpts from his books and his diary. Yes, his diary. I envy his ability to observe every day life and find that golden hilarious nugget. Hats off Mr. Sedaris, hats off.
When we were leaving I whipped out my camera to snap a quick pic to remember the evening by when Tiffany said "Stick your head in there"! Genius Tiffany, genius.
I'd like to thank the academy!

Thanks Craig for arranging the evening and getting me out of my cave and across the river for a great night out with fantastic friends.

Thanks Tiffany for the great photo idea! I'll forever be on the lookout for "When Statues Attack" photos!

What favorite author of yours dear readers have you ventured out to see in person?

2 comments:

Craig said...

Good food, good friends, and lots of laughter--it doesn't get any better. Thanks for venturing out. It was a blast!

Anonymous said...

Oh.. Oh... I would have loved loved loved to leave one of my little hippos in that hippos mouth!