Thursday, October 07, 2010

33yrs And It Just Keeps Getting Better...

I am truly blessed. I am surrounded, supported and loved by the greatest people a gal could ever ask for. Every year when my birthday rolls around I think to myself that it couldn't possibly get any better than the last one, and I'm always proved wrong. You my dear loved ones are what great things are made of. From the bottom of my heart, I Thank You.
These gorgeous flowers arrived at my door today and nothing could accurately describe the quizzical look The Bear had on his face when he opened the door to accept them on my behalf. I'm sure he was very curious to take a peak at the card to see just who was sending his wife flowers. My Aunt Susan and her husband Ed along with my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dennis came together to send me a bit of Fall colored Flower love. Here in Virginia we don't get near the color that my home state of Ohio gets so to have a little bit of that in my cave of an apartment is just what I needed. Thank You guys, really. I love you to bits for this.
Some of you have been hearing me rave about The Blood Orange Dreamcicle Cupcake from a place here in Olde Towne Alexandria called The Lavender Moon Cupcakery. I love every one of their cupcakes but this is by far my favorite.
How could I resist these beautiful Gerber Daisies? One look in the Florist's window and I was done for, they were mine :) That was of course before I know I had beautiful flowers on the way to me from my loving family.
Again with the damn cupcake? Here's why. During my weekly "Irish Thursday" phone call to my sister Erynne in Ireland I got to chat with her wonderful hubby David for a few minutes. He was asking me about cupcakes. Why you ask? Well it seems as though there are no are no cupcakes in Ireland! Can you imagine? The have other little cake like items but nothing that comes close to a real cupcake. So he requested that I photograph my lovely cupcake darling before devouring it. So here ya go my dear darling David!
Of course as with any cakey dessert, the icing is the best part.

Again, a warm all encompassing huge hug of thanks to all of you who helped to make this a wonderful day. I love and miss you all. Here's to the next fantastic 33yrs and then the 33 after that!

What is your favorite birthday tradition or memory?

2 comments:

Daithi O'Caiside said...

Glad you had a scrumptious day XXX

Anonymous said...

What?? No cupcakes in Ireland! Well that's just wrong!

Now I want a cupcake!