Saturday, September 19, 2009

Surveyors and a Bowl of Clam Chowder...

What could these two things have in common you are asking? How does one lead to the other? Well my dear reader come on a little journey with me will you? May just give you a little insight into how things come about sometimes here at Casa Bean.

My other half The Bear is a Professional Land Surveyor who through out his days when working from home logs onto a Land Surveyor Messege Board and follows the conversations of the day. Now, this is a group of Surveyors but trust me, by NO means does that mean the topics of discussion are only about boreing old work. I periodically hear him burst out into fits of laughter which usually means a "Hey come and look at this" will be shouted my way soon there after. And sometimes, just to make it feel like a real office we'll send eachother Instant Messeges or Emails from accross the room!

The other day, I recieve an Email from The Bear with a recipe for Clam Chowder attached and the subject reads "Yummy". Apparently there had been a debate on the Messege Board about which is better, New England or Manhattan Clam Chowder. Somewhere during this debate a recipe was posted that peaked Brian's interest and taste buds.
So, the ingredients were purchased and the Chowder was assembled to our great delight, it was soooo very good. I mean you can't go wrong with Bacon drippings, Half and Half, and clams right?
So to keep with the interactiveness of this blog, if you are interested in the recipe, just leave me a comment and I'll send you one of my famous Recipe/PostCards in the mail.
Mmmm, don't forget the oyster crackers!

2 comments:

Shannon MacGrogan-Ellis said...

Yeah, baby! Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)

Pam Aries said...

I d olove clam chowdah! Alas ...no bacon for moi...(NO meat) but there is a delicious recipe sans bacon..hehe! How are you Ms. Bean?