Friday, September 04, 2009

And The Mystery Gift Is...

Let me start off by saying I LOVE MAIL. I love ALL kinds of mail that people send me. I get little notes, personal made creative calanders and even postcards sent while a loved one is on vacation to let me know where they are. It all adds up to a wonderful mail day!

A little while ago my loverly cousin Noelle (aka, No No, or Noi) told me of a project that she was working on that I thought sounded like great fun! I'm ALWAYS interested to hear about what fun things my crafty creative lovelies are up to. She said that she had found some great fabric and she was making a fun purse. Turns out she was making one for ME! She's just like me and has a hard time keeping a secret so occasionally she would send me a picture of a tiny little piece of the project just to tease me. A little time had gone by and I hadn't heard any more about the project...till I opened my door yesterday to find this. What? A package for moi? Oh I was sooo giddy with excitement! I of course grabbed it, held it to my chest and immediately did the Pee Pee Dance of Happy Happy Joy Joy! And what was inside you ask?
How utterly devine! A purse made JUST FOR ME! The fabric, I was informed, was picked out just for me! Oh yeah, on the money!

I am in LOVE with every inch of this wonderful creation, right down to the round handles!

I love this so much I walked out down by the street, while the whole neighborhood watched, hung it on the tree to get the dappled afternoon light and took a photo of it! I am THAT proud of it!

Check out the detail. So much love, sooooo much love.

I was so excited when I got it that I ran into the bathroom to snap a quick (crappy quality) photo of us together in the mirror!

There is NOTHING that makes someone feel more loved than a special gift. I am not ashamed to admit I cried tears of joy, I really did. Noelle, you are a remarkable, fabulous, creative woman. Words can not express.

5 comments:

Daithi O'Caiside said...

Liking it!

Pam Aries said...

Very Cute ..and fun! I love the shadow photo !!!

Barb said...

What a nice gift!

Nathan Mollet said...

Does it have a conceal and carry hiding place???

pink coffee beans said...

I just love the butterfly she embroidered on the side. So cute!