Sunday, February 22, 2009

7. Ireland Day 6, Part 1...

Welcome to Day 6 of my Ireland adventure. I'm amazed that you all are still paying attention! It's really fun knowing that you all are reliving this wonderful trip with me. Tonight Brian has gone to bed early so as to wake up for work early and it's just me and Beanie up on the couch typing this knowing that I will have this posted tomorrow and you will be reading it. So dear reader, here is Day 6 Part 1.... Erynne and I decided to have a little girl time so she drove me down the road from her house to the cemetary. You know how I love cemetaries! Like a kid in a candy store, really.

Imagine being laid to rest with this view. I could have sat here forever soaking it all in while pondering the meaning of life.

The shapes really caught my eye.

I'm not sure what the building was at one time but the remaining wall had such character.



All the millions of different textures are fascinating. The stone, gravel, dirt, moss, tree stumps.
Me again, The Traveling Bean striking a pose for Erynne.
I've found Jesus yet again! How did he get out of that velvet painting in Alabama? I bet his plane ticket was cheaper than mine, I mean he's Jesus for Christ Sake! (Sorry mom but that's funny)

Again the shape of the crosses are wonderful.
I saw the reflection and I just had to capture it. I think it came out rather well.
Like sentries guarding the souls and soaking up the rays of the low sun warming the hearts of the mourners who come to grieve and remember.

This picture captures the old living with the new. Left side is the old and right is the new.

A view looking over the new section towards the old.

After the cemetery visit and a brief stop at home Erynne and I stepped out of her front door to walk to the Kiltimagh Sculpture Park just a few blocks from her house. This place is so cool.

This lovely lady had her hair broken off by vandals. I don't care I think she's still beautiful. Can you see the little fuzzy moss growing on the top of her hand? It made me wonder if there was a tiny colony of little people living on her hand and those were their trees.

I think that I would like to have her lay over top of my grave when I finally leave this world.

Wouldn't she be better than a boring old headstone? I think I'll have to look into that.

The sculpture park is by the old Train Station. There's a museum inside but closed when we were there.

This lovely lady is on the back side of the building.

At the end of the Park are these fellas. I think he looks like Mister Magoo.
Part 2 of Day6 will be coming soon. Thank you for hanging in there with me for this long. See you soon with Part 2

1 comment:

Nathan Mollet said...

I like that reflecting grave! Looks like obi wan was in the backround though! But I think I want the naked angel suggestivly posing over my grave!