Saturday, May 31, 2008

Have I mentioned I LOVE Orchids?

My cousin the fabulous No and her boyfriend D came to visit me for a whole week and while she was her we made a short stop over at the Botanical Gardens in D.C. I just love going there and seeing the orchids. They are my all time favorite. I just love looking at them as I contemplate how nature can create such variety in size shape and color.
The way the so elegantly bend in lovely shapes and lines of art.
The light that filters through them reminds me of Nevada where everything seemed exptic and new to me.
I always seem to crave Thai food after visiting the orchids. What is your favorite flower?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great shots! Why Thai food? I also love orchids as you know! Some of them look like the spaceships on Babylon 5...

Unknown said...

hn90 - that's from Spottie!