Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lovin the Farmers Market!!

I am lucky to have several Farmers Markets by me. There are two that I really like, one each on Saturday and Sunday.
You can find everything from flowers to produce to baked goods.
Makes you just want to make a huge pot of beans doesn't it?
Here's a sample of some of the great finds I've come across. The scone is cranberry-orange flavored and is from the Sunday market and the rest comes from the one on Saturday. I just love getting up, grabbing my big canvas bag and trotting off to see what I can find. The figs are so heavenly perfect that there's nothing in the world that can come close to that kind of perfection. Chestnuts to remind me of my Grandfather and brussel sprouts cause they are the perfect shade of green and I've never had them before so we'll find out today how good they are. This time of year is so wonderful with all the good food and the cooler weather. Get out there and enjoy the early morning town. The shops aren't open yet, plently of parking spots to choose from and everyone is in a great mood because there's no job to get to!!

No comments: