Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kyoto Saturdays...

The Bear recently tried sushi and it was love at first bite. We are lucky enough to have a GREAT Sushi place down the street Kyoto Japanese Restaurant, and we go every other Saturday for lunch. Okay sometimes during the week too, shh, don't tell! The Miso Soup is devine and the salad dressing is to dye for. We are now regulars and she brings us our soup and salad even before we order! It's wonderful to go out where people know you and make you feel welcome.
The Bear's platter is the Chef's choice and it's a delicious piece of art.

They bring out creatively carved oranges with your check. How cool is that?

We just keep ordering different things off the menu. I think we are just going to go down the list and check things off till we've had it all. Sounds like a great plan to me.

I mean seriously, they must think I'm either a food critic or a crazy person since I'm always so enamored with the dishes that I have to whip out my camera and snap a photo. It's beautiful AND delicious. Nothing could be better.
Do you like sushi? What's your favorite? What do you recommend for my next meal? No, seriously, what do you suggest?




3 comments:

Daithi O'Caiside said...

The bear's looking sharp (More sushi). Like your shots esp. the last one. I only ever had sushi a couple of times as it was always with a boss re work. One certainly looses the 'fun' aspect of the meal there. Can't say what I liked ( & I love fish) so more experience required.

Pam Aries said...

THat is a work of art for sure! Wow!..I am boring , i only get veggie sushi..or veggis dragon roll..but OH MY ..yum yum yu m!

Unknown said...

Very artistic, great colors and arrangement. However I dislike sushi as food so when I visit I'll have to give it a miss!