Monday, October 19, 2009

Let the Fabulous B-day Gifts Be Posted, One...

I have to say that if you put great handmade vibes out there into the world they will return to you ten fold. If you follow this blog even a little, you know just how much I love to send out handmade mail, little sketches, recipe postcards etc. It gives me great joy to let the ones that are near and dear to my heart know that I care and that I'm thinking about them throughout the year.

Well, this year I was the VERY greatful and oh so surprised recipient of some extranary gifts for my birthday this year. I will be taking some time here on my blog to showcase them.

Fabulous handmade gift #1. I returned home one afternoon to find a package leaning against my front door. My birthday being some days away I was left wondering, what is this, who is it from?

Well here she is, my dear readers, in all of her handmade glory... Some of you may remember the post "And the Mystery Gift is..." on Sept 4th where my very talented cousin Noelle made me a purse. Well she surprised me with a new tote! Isn't it just gorgeous? And guess what?
It's reversable! Yep that's right. And it also has a pocket as well. I am so in love. It is my new Library bag and I can't wait to use it. I always take a bag with me to the Library but the problem is, the bag I usually take is WAY too big and I end up bring home WAY too many books. So many that I never actually get through them all before they are due back. So with this great new bag on my arm I'm sure to bring home just right number of book home in style!
Jealous? I know you are. Well, Noelle is really a sewing fool and if you ask nicely and send her a piece of loverly mail I'm sure you too can get something hew and handmade in the mail.
Thank you soooooooo very much my loverly little sis for the special gift.
Be on the lookout for other posts of even more handmade Bday gifts, cause there's more to come!

2 comments:

Pam Aries said...

Cool tote! I love it. And hey ...the maple chicen..I don't eat meat..but every one else does and the recipe looks wonderful! I'll pass it on! How are ya?!

sabrina said...

sooooooo cute!