Wednesday, March 04, 2009

10. Ireland Day 7, Part 2...

And here we are at the second half of Day 7. The was the end of my last full day in Kiltimagh. The next post will cover my last full day in Ireland where I spent the night in Trim, but that's a post for another day. And we're off... A random picture of the country side as it flew by the window of the mini. I can still see this in my mind's eye as I listen to my adopted soundtrack of my Ireland trip, the album The Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow. Please go and check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Now I must say that I don't remember the name of this place. I'm sure David will post a comment and help me out so check back later for the name.

I do love a nice shot of a gate.

Here is another beautiful example of a stile. Remember these from the previous post? No? Well then you must not be reading the text and just enjoying the pictures, how dare you! I put a lot of effort into these posts. (Shhhh, don't tell anyone but most of the blogs I visit I just look at the pictures too :)
I'm sorry that you couldn't be there to feel the weight of these walls.
Yeah yeah, I know, Yet another doorway in a doorway!
As I wandered around I lost Erynne and David and found myself all alone staring at these stairs. I got a little creeped out as it was dark in here. I used a flash for this picture. It was a little moment when I felt as if I turned a corner into another demension or time and I just knew if I went back to find Erynne and David that they would have disappeared. To my surprise they hadn't really gone anywhere and David climbed the stairs with me to some good pics. Thanks David, you're the best!
And here's the view when we reached the top. Careful where you step, it's cold and there's ice everywhere! I slipped a few times.
This is the closest body of water to where Erynne and David live and in the summer if you're lucky you can find Erynne snorkling! Having grown up in Florida, she's a water baby!
The sun was setting and there was drizzle in the air. After we had out fill of wandering around it was time to head back home to Kiltimagh and make the best of my last evening in town.
It was decided that we would go back to the hotel for dinner and get something yummy into the tummies. Brian had been asking me if I ate any fish and chips, well my friends that just what I had for dinner. Let me tell you, this meal really filled me up. Erynne also had the fish and chips and later as we were walking around I was so full I described it as "a fish fillet swimming in a sea of chips" in my belly. Just that thought made Erynne groan, as we were both filled to the gills!
Here's us gals pausing outside one of the many pubs that we wandered into that evening. They didn't want me to miss out on seeing them all since they are all sooooo different.
Hey, is that a cigarette machine? Gee, I don't think we even have any of these left in the states. If you click on this picture you can see just how spendy a pack of smokes is in Ireland. Woo!
Sadly the time came when we had to head home. The sun had set on my last evening in this beautiful town. I have never felt so welcome so far from home. Erynne my darling, I miss you more than words can say. Our soul's truly walk hand in hand. I love you unconditionally and without regret. Though we walked home for the last time that night, I hope I can walk off into the sunset with you again someday. Now that I've had a taste of the wonderful world in which you live you better make sure you always have a spare bed ready!

1 comment:

Shannon MacGrogan-Ellis said...

I'm so enjoying these, Rachel! Your photos are lovely! Looking forward to your next post. :)