Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Turkey Day!!!!!

I woke up at my usual time, just after 6:30 and I got ready to start cooking. We had a 21 pound turkey, even though it was to just be the two of us. We wanted lots of leftovers and also to be able to fit all the stuffing in the bird. Stuffing, of course, is the most important part! He we in the oven by 8:30 and we were off and waiting!

After waiting for five hours and getting all the fixings ready, the bird was finally done cooking and ready to eat. Oh, he smelled so wonderful. This was the first time that we had not been home with our family for Thanksgiving so we were not sure how all the food was to turn out. When we finally did sink our teeth into it all, it was all worth it! Everything tasted wonderfully. We couldn't have made it any better if we tried.

Beanie wanted to know if there was a place at the table for her. She doesn't understand that she's allergic to poultry so we reserved a nice juicey beef bone for her to eat for her Thanksgiving dinner.
Finally at the end of the day, bellies full and brains tired, it was time to put all the food away. We have enough leftovers to feed us for quite a while. It was all so tastey though that we won't mind eating it.

Thanksgiving this year was different for me. This was my first time away from home for the holiday, but it went better than I had expected. I spent the day in contact with my mother and family over the phone and we sent pictures back and forth through e-mail. I was as close to them as I could be. Christmas is just around the corner and I'll be home for that one!

No comments: