Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ode to Shan!


These pictures were inspired by my friend Shan! Walking around town with her in Charleston she was taking pictures of old flaking paint and fun colors. It made me realize that my pictures in the past year or two have been so focused on landscapes and fitting as much in the picture as possible that I have forgotten the small things.

I took these pictures while on a jobsite in DC. Looking around in the early morning before the town began to bustle I had time to notice the buildings and how much character they had. Thank you Shan for helping me to remember to take a step forward and notice the details.

1 comment:

Shannon MacGrogan-Ellis said...

Hey girl! I can't believe I haven't been to your blog in ages, and you have those wonderful crumbly paint photos on there! Thank you for your kind words! My Mom always said 'you just never know what kind of effect you have on people'. Well, now I do! :) Loveya!