Sunday, August 12, 2007

Art and the Zen of Window Shopping!

Yesterday Brian and I got up and left the house by 5:30am to go finish up a job in Baltimore. After a few hours of work we were finished and ready to find something fun to do. The decision was made to go to Ellicott City and see what was new as we had not been there since we lived in Frederick. We arrived just before 11am and had to wait for the shops and restaurants to open at 11:30. We walked up the street choosing which shops we wanted to wander in once they opened. We chose a lovely French restaurant and had the most WONDERFUL meal. I had a cool cantalope soup for starters and Brian had the best oysters we've had. We each chose one of the daily fish specials, mine being tuna steak over fresh mixed greens with sliced figs. Needless to say the raspberry tart finished off the meal to perfection.
We chose to walk off our meal and window shop. The buddha caught my eye and I just had to go in and see what it was all about. Just about everything in that store I would have put in my home! Unfortunately I can not remember the name of the store. It turned ou to be a wonderful day for the two of us. Brian's been working so hard that we don't get to spend much time time together that isn't about work.

No comments: