Friday, February 05, 2010

Mail Art and the Month of Love...

During the very grey and depressing month of January I tend to look for lots of Colorful Inspiration. Artful Blogging Magazine, Mail Art Books and Creative Blogs, to fill my brain with colorful happiness and get me through till Spring FINALLY arrives. Many of you know that we have been House Hunting, that is proving to be a very exhausting adventure. Well I recently discovered that some time ago, like 2yrs ago, I picked up some paint samples in order to help inspire my creativity. After flipping through one of my favorite books "Good Mail Day" I thought, "Hey, why not send out these fabulous color samples out as Inspirational Post Cards"! What a joy it was to sit with all these wonderful and fabulous colors! I got out all my stickers and markers and just went to town. I had so much fun that I almost couldn't stop making them.
This is the one that I sent my Oh So Fabulous Mother back in Ohio. I tried to match people up with paint samples that had names of colors that related to them somehow. My mother us a HUGE Nature Lover and raised me to appreciate the wonders of the out doors so I picked a sample that had names that related to our love of Nature.

These PostCards, I hope made some wonderful people in my life really smile. Even in the depth of depressing winter you can make your own Spring! There truly is inspiration every where, you just have to be open to it.
If you didn't recieve on and wish to send me a messege and one will be on it's way!
What do you have around that is begging to become Mail Art?
Happy Feb Every One!!!!!





6 comments:

sabrina said...

Thank you so much for mine!!

Pam Aries said...

I went to the mailbox this morning, cuz noone had checked it. Lo and behold... I got one of your way cool cards. What a fab idea using paint cards..perfect. I love mine and thank you very very much!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I got mine today - shades of green of course! Thanks, Socks!

Barb said...

My mail art is proudly up in the kitchen for all to see! It put a HUGE smile on my face.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.