Friday, March 14, 2008

A package only a mother could send!!!!!

My mother despite having a very very busy schedule found time to take a half a day to create the most wonderful, thinking of you/pick me up package. As most of you know, my nickname sice childhood has been "Bean". Needless to say as a child I hated that name since when I was being rotten my mother would call me weanie bean and that really sent me into a tizzy. Well within the last few years I have really grown fond of this name and have embraced it with wild abandon. I sign packages and letters with a Bee shaped stamp and the letter N to create Bean! With that in mind my loving mother created a Bee themed package to brighten my day and it worked so well it brought tears to my eyes.
The package contains many different kinds of NUMI tea which my mother and I had been talking about. The pill bottle contains the most beautiful real bumble bee (no longer living of course) that may show up in a sketch or two later so look for that. The box on the right contains two bee pins that my mother found at an antique mall and instantly thought of me. I love them.
What is not shown here is what was contained on the bottom of the package which were typed pages of information on bees and some lovely drawing of different bees on special handmade paper. I will have to photograph these and post them later. All in all this package was asembled with such love and care right down to the sen envelope holding the tea and the hand stamped labels. What a gift!
I proudly wore one of the bee pins to Sunday Brunch that weekend. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!!

Love, Bean

No comments: