Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tour of DC with Shan!

We began our tour by picking up the tour bus at Arlington cemetary and our first stop was old Abe himself.
We searched for angles that were interesting and creative.
His hand has always fascinated me. When you turn around this is the view that Abe is privy to everyday of the year.
I have not actually ever been this close before to the White House. Always telling myself that seeing it from the car window was good enough, so it was nice to have someone to walk around with to get my butt out and see things at a closer view!
A tour guide gave us a heads up on where to grab lunch. Around the corner from the White House is the Old Ebbitt Grill where we just made it before the lunch rush!
As we were ending our day the day was turning cold and we were growing weary. The monument by sunset is a great sight!

Shan and I on the Metro on the way back home after a trip to the Phillips Collection! What a great art collection! Well worth the trip and the price of admission.

Shan thank you so very very much for coming up and making my week a wonderful one!

No comments: