Thursday, March 29, 2007

The magic of a blossom


Yesterday I stood at my patio door and was amazed to watch before my eyes the trees begin to blossom. It's as if they took one giant breath in and said to themselves, this is the moment we have been waiting for. Almost at once with the sun in their face they began to let loose into the world those tiny buds of wonder. Being able to look out my door and see the pink lace of Spring is the greatest joy I can imagine. Everyone should have flowering trees to look at and make them smile.
This weekend is the start of the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC and weather permitting look for lots of photos to be posted!! This weekend should be peak, the radio reported that they are on time this year! I have yet to make it to the Cherry Blossoms so this year it is a must.
Happy Spring everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

Shannon MacGrogan-Ellis said...

Ooooh, pretty! Have a lovely weekend!