Saturday, May 27, 2006

Leaving the Iris


Last year when we moved into this house the Irises had already bloomed and passed on so we never knew what colors they were. This year I waited patiently and watched them grow and bloom into brilliant purples. I have never had a yard with such regal flowers before so it was a great joy to watch them in the privacy of my own back yard as if it were a secret garden all my own. Sadly the time has come to leave these wonders of nature behind. Atleast I'll remember them as there were at the peak of their beauty.
As most of you already know, Brian and I find ourselves moving back to the East Coast. Our new home will be Alexandria VA. It's not that we don't love the wild beauty of Nevada, I have thousands of photos to prove it. You just have to go where the job takes you. We will be driving ourselves back and I will be documenting all the way so look for photos when I get settled again. Among the stops we plan to make are Vegas and the Grand Canyon! It's going to be another great adventure! So if this ends up being my last post from Nevada, I hope you've enjoyed my pictures . They won't stop just because I'll be back in the city. It will just be different. I love you all and I'll see you all soon on the other side!





















No comments: