Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Does Absence Make the Heart Grow Fonder???

This year is only days away from closing out and sadly I have been away from you dear readers for some time. For that I do apologize but I promise, it was for a good reason.

You see, I have been working on what is my largest handmade project to date...

A BABY!!!

If you know our history you know we move at relatively a snail's pace.
Bear / Bean
11yrs old/6yrs old (when we met. I moved in right next door)
22/17 (we decided we liked each other enough to start dating)
27/22 (yep, we liked each other well enough, so we married)
38/34 (after nearly 12yrs this marriage thing is perdy cool so why not try parenting)

On October 3rd 2011 we got the little "yep I think that's a baby" positive pregnancy test!


This is a picture of "Button" at 12 weeks and already a huge Thumb Sucker!


Here I am first at 11wks at Thanksgiving. Button is the size of a Lime. Then there I am at 15wks on Christmas morning. Button has graduated to a Navel Orange!
I think this is my favorite picture so far. A last minute hey lets hold the orange here, kind of shot. I'm loving every minute so far. All tests indicate that Button is healthy and growing well. I am doing wonderfully having had no morning sickness at all. My Dr. winked and told me not to tell that to anyone ;) The only symptom I had was EXTREME exhaustion. Bear said he knew I was pregnant even before the test because as he put it "No one over the age of 5 falls asleep at 7pm" There were whole months when I didn't even finish one TV show in the evening. There were days I slept 12hrs straight plus a nap in the afternoon, but I'll take that over morning sickness any day.

I'm happy to report that I've gotten most of my energy back, no naps and I can stay awake till nearly 10pm now!!

As this belly rounds out I just get happier and happier.
On January 24th we hopefully find out if Button is a boy or a girl! Feel free to weigh in in the comments section below wether you think Button's a He or a She. The votes have already started rolling in.

Button is tentatively due to be unwrapped June 15th 2012
(we all know how due dates are)

7 comments:

Erynne said...

WOOT! Yayayayay! Fabuloso, my dearest. I'm good with just Button for now, I can wait until the 24th to find out BoyButton or GirlButton! X

Drew and Noelle Newlon said...

Drew and I are voting it is a Boy Button! And Drew said it would be an honor if you named the button after him....I laughed at him. We are so over the moon happy for you and Bear!

Craig said...

Warmest congratulations to you and Bear! I look forward to finding out whether Button is a boy or a girl. ;-)

Barb said...

Yay! I'm not voting for boy or girl because I know he/she will have an adventurous and creative heart! P.S. You look fab and happy sista!

Sabrina said...

Congratulations!! Yay for a boy or a girl!

kim said...

you have had a lull in your blog but i suppose not as long as you will have once the baby BOY gets here.

Anonymous said...

I say a boy, no, no, a girl.
I say either, excited there is a new baby in the family.
Aunt Debbie