Saturday, April 21, 2007

Wonderful Sunny Spring Day

Every Saturday morning from 5-10:30am is the Alexandria Farmer's Market which I had been wanting to go to now for a couple weeks ever since I discovered that it's year round unlke most farmer's markets. To my surprise Brian woke me up early to so that we could get ready and go. We parked a couple of blocks away and just walking through town on some of the old cobble streets with the perfect weather made for the perfect start to the day. People were out wido shopping and having a wonderful morning.
At the market we found everything from fresh flowers, fresh pasta and breads to arts and crafts. I was stopped by an artist who asked to take a picture of me and Beanie as I was carring her in her colorful baby sling. She took two pictures and said to look for a painting next time we were around as she thought it would make a wonderful painting!! I'm sure it was all of Beanie's charm but we've never been asked to be models before! It was just nice to get out into the community and chat with others. I can't wait to go back next week and just draw the people.

2 comments:

Shannon MacGrogan-Ellis said...

How lovely! We went to something similar here in Charleston yesterday (Saturday). You'll have to post again if there is a painting of you and Beanie there in a week or so!

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful. Nice photography!