Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Happiness Is...

Have you ever woken up one morning after a long and seemingly endlessly dreary winter to find that all of a sudden over night Spring had arrived? That is what happened to me on Saturday morning. My quail friend had returned with his wife and he sat on my fence for a time in the morning singing his call to me. It's a simple comfort to see and hear such a cute and precious creature.
I found flowers that were not put there by me had bloomed in the backyard. It was a wonderful discovery. The splash of such saturated and vivid color was just what I needed to break me out of the winter blahs. I feel like painting again for the first time in months. My muse has returned after her long vacation in some far off place unknown to me. Now I just have to wait and see what she has in mind for subject matter. More on that later.

1 comment:

Shannon MacGrogan-Ellis said...

Hey Rachel! Was just thinking of you and thought I'd check your blog for new pics. How lovely to have such a beautiful visitor! We have cardinals here, and I forgot how much I missed them (none in the UK). Happy Chocolate Bunny Day!