Saturday, January 21, 2006

Pastel Friend

This little guy was sitting on my fence out my sliding door one Fall day and just sat there while I took his picture. He almost seemed to be posing for me. This is only the second pastel painting that I've done and he really came out well, it's an 8x10. I originally thought of putting a background on it but once the bird was done I felt that it looked better without it. The background color is just the pastelboard that I drew it on. If I had known that I wasn't going to put a background on it I would have changed it's location on the board so that there wasn't so much empty space. I really like it however, and pastel is turning out to be so much fun and looks so well that I am now working on my third pastel painting, it's going to be a bit of a landscape. I'll post as soon as it's done.

4 comments:

Libra Larki said...

Hi,

Beautiful artwork!
Very expresive and emotinal...
little bird feel so alone...

Good Luck!

Amy Zaleski said...

Gorgeous! I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't a photo! Not bad for a second time pastel user.

Carolyn said...

Wow! This is excellent!

Fossfor said...

this is beautiful, i also love your sleeping cat drawing, your work is great!